Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why do they call it "Cabin Fever"?

Have you ever wondered why they call it "cabin Fever"? Well, "stir crazy" comes to mind but that's what it was called before they came up with "cabin fever". So what is it? Ask anyone waiting out the winter, and I'll bet it's like my cats saying "I want out"!
When it it going to get warm? Not another snow storm? I want sunshine! Well, guess what, my cats are beginning to shed, and that's a sure sign of spring just around the corner.
What am I going to do this spring that can't wait? Well, something really special, and something I've wanted to do sense a friend of mine and I put together that rock thing that is long gone. I am building a castle in my garden. Complete with moat, turret, and 2 floors, plus a roof to stand on. No, not people size. Doll size {another of those things I enjoy.} I'm making it out of Loon Lake Rock and it's a deep emerald green, so one will spot it for sure. I have plans for glass windows, wooden doors, and rock walls. You'll more then likely see me out there this summer, piling up the dirt, planting little tiny trees, and creating something from natures own. I've gotten a bit of know how on the cement, what with the rock walls etc I've created life size here and there. So now I'm going to try my hand at castle building. I'll post pictures as I go along and you can see for yourself.
And by the way, if a thing is worth doing... do it right. Don't do it half ...,ahem... well, you know what I mean. If you don't know how... ask someone, and keep asking till you find someone to help you. Or read a book on how too whatever it is you want to learn. Take a class, don't just sit there. Get up and do it. Don't come to the end and... wish you had done so and so.... In other words "Make it so". No-one else will do it for you. It makes life less empty.
Until next time,
Blessing upon you,
Deirdre

No comments: