Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The pearls have it.

Remember that gown I just finished making from the 20 year fabric stash? It did turn out really nice. So much so, I have left it hanging on the door, so I could admire my own finished work. Well, I'm not the only one who has been admiring it. It seems I have a critic. Smoky {the little  fetch playing black kitty} has also been hard at work trying to remake parts of it. It seems he thinks the pearls I took so long in hand sewing around the bottom of the skirt and the bodice, are not to his liking. He has been trying to chew them off, one by one. I've caught him at it several times, and no matter how I explain to him, "No leave them on the dress!", he still tries to eat them off. 
I'm not sure if it's the white on the color that draws him to them or that in his little cat brain, they really don't belong there. On the other door is a different colored gown with pearls sewn intermittently in the center of a diamond weave pattern. There are also rhinestones sewn on in the same way. It's only the pearls he tries to take off.
  I know one thing, he's not an oyster, and I don't want to dig through his poop to locate pearls he's eaten. But then, there you are! Pearls are worth having, be it wisdom, moments in life one keeps tucked away, or the real thing on a string. Who now-a-days wants to deal with digging through poop to find them. Yet... thats what it takes sometimes. Remember if it's worth doing or having.... it's worth the price, and doing it right.
  For now, the skirt is picked up out of his reach. I care to much for the little guy to let him hurt himself eating something he shouldn't. I guess momma really does know best. I only wish I could only convince him of that.
  Until next time,
 Blessings be upon you,
Deirdre

No comments: