Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And Another one bites the dust.

I have a fabric stash, that a lot of people would love to get into. But I have it because I have all these ideas for gowns I want to make. I just finished another one tonight. Deep red over dress with a black velvet and brocade underdress. Even used some of that trimming that has been sitting and gathering dust. This is an early style, and simple, but the color really makes it stand out. I used an older dress that I needed to remake anyway, the lining from something I changed my mind about using, and the deep red/black thread material all together in this design.
  There's that old saying again. About using things up. Well, it works, and I have something really nice out of it all. I can't help but wonder sometimes what will happen to all the gowns, and dolls and beadwork etc, after I'm gone. Nobody really cares except me, and I guess that's why I'm doing this. For me, after all, as I am worth what I am spending my time on.
  Little black Smoke seems to like the feel of velvet and satin, as he will get right in the middle of it and hold it down for me as I work on it. I guess he thinks it'll get away if he doesn't. It's his habit of playing in the straight pins that worry me. So far he hasn't gotten 'bit' by one of those pins, and I don't want him too.
  Another thing he does, is take a big bite out of my tissue pattern when I'm not looking. Nothing like holding up the pattern to see a big chunk missing, and he looks so innocent. He loves paper, be it patterns, notebook paper,magazine paper or tissue paper, he will disappear it for you so fast. I've found the toilet paper all unrolled in a nice pile a couple of times now. What's really funny is to see him carry it off in his mouth with the roll unrolling as fast as he can run away .
  Nothing like a little furry imp to make your day. He still thinks the word 'no' doesn't apply to him. 
   Next up is cloisonné beadwork on a fairy costume. All done in green tones, with a bit of blue, red/pink and lots of gold. The fairy wings are deep green, and waiting to be decorated. This is going to be a bit of fantasy, and whimsy in the middle of hard reality.
I hope you can find something like that to do, when your reality bites a bit to hard. Its time to take a break from it all.
Until next time,
Deirdre

No comments: