Wednesday, March 12, 2008

To Mouse, or not to Mouse?

There is no real question here. To Smoky its time to play, anytime he thinks it is. I just got woke up with a pretend mouse being dropped onto my chest. He's standing in the middle of me to, so who is going to sleep thought that? As I stumble to the bathroom, he's already there sitting next to his bowl, waiting to be fed. Nothing like a two track mind! Play and eat.
I dump dry food in his bowl, as I tend to business. I can do the two track thing also. 
One thing about getting older, the phrase "brain fart" takes on a new meaning. I can be in the middle of sentence, and a word escapes me. As I search mentally for that one word{ so I can finish explaining what I started out to say} the person I'm talking to gets the same kind of look come over his face as the cat, when I'm half awake and trying to throw his mouse so he can play.
All right already, I'm not awake yet, and I need coffee. Give me a little time here.
When was the last time someone was pressuring you to preform and you just weren't quite ready yet? If they are laughing at you {to make you feel less then smart}, pressuring you to go at their pace{ because they just don't have any patience}or are being just plain rude, you have my permission {not that you need it} to smack them upside the head with a big fish. I'm not saying you should hurt them. No, just get their attention in a non threatening way, and gently explain you need a minuet. You should never have to put up with other people being rude to you, so they can feel superior to you. I see more and more poor or just plain bad manners.
  One time I got a reply from someone, that they knew how to say please and thank you. But manners are more then just please and thank you. Growing up in the fifties, we were taught all the old fashion things that went along with, please and thank you. And we were taught that it was rude to put someone down, just so you can feel better about yourself. Todays kids use that a lot. I see it all the time. Is no one teaching them a better way to deal with their insecurities?
You may have the excuse of being young, but it doesn't hold water if you keep doing it. Learn to really look at what you're doing, and if it's hurting someone? Don't do it. Find a better way. You will be smarter, and kinder {that means your friends will like you better} and just maybe they will learn something too.
Now if I can just figure out how to teach the cat to sleep in a bit longer! He has feeling too, and if you haven't seen a cat sulk try not too. Give him room to be what he is... a young feline that wants to play. As he gets older, he'll sleep in just like you, but for now throw the thing, and pull the covers over your head. You can try to ignore him, but I'll bet you can't do it.
Moral:Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today. Deal with problems as they arise, and then go back to sleep. Which is where I'm headed. If Smoky will let me?
Until next time.
Blessing be upon you.
Deirdre

No comments: