Sunday, March 16, 2008

All those little things....

Why do we wait so long to clean up all those little things? Is it the time spent on each project? That would mean we are way to busy. Or is it loss of tools, or pieces needed to complete our projects? That means the safe place you put it in, has been moved or changed, and you don't remember what you did with it. {I do that a lot, when it comes to things that don't have a home yet.} 
Or is it that we are getting lazy? In other words it's just to easy to keep putting it off. I think the word here is 'procrastination'. And the old saying is "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can get done today." How much more would you get done if you did that?
  I like to finish things up, and the past couple of days have seen the end of several projects. It really feels good to get it done! Cleaned out a whole shelf in one bookcase, by finishing up those projects. I know in another month or two I'll have a new pile of unfinished projects, but I also know, I'll take time and finish them as well. Sometimes I have to just say ,no, you can't start anything else new till you finish those old ones. Dragging my feet I do take time and I contemplate the new projects I am going to start because I have finished these.
  Another old saying is "Nothing like the present  {time}..." to start, finish or do whatever it is you are thinking about. Sometimes, if I don't think about it and just do it, that helps to get the job done.
If you're putting off doing something because of cost... perhaps rethinking it, and looking for a less expensive way will let you get done with that as well. And if that doesn't work, then set aside a little each month, till you have enough. You know your working toward finishing, and one feels better about the delay.
  Well, now I'm off to start new projects. If only the rest of life was so easy, I'd be happy. Till next time,
Deirdre

No comments: