Saturday, March 15, 2008

A name for the lady!



I have decided to give my new lady a name that befits her. She is captivating by all means, and by dress a swashbuckling pirate. So a little research, and keeping in mind all the glorious red hair, I decided to call her Grace O'Malley, "The Dark Lady of Doona". She is a pirate Queen, by all means, and as such will have lots of room for a wonderful wardrobe styled in the late 1500s. The real Grace even met Queen Elizabeth the first. I shall have fun creating that court gown. Her adventures will give her access to all kinds of wonderful fabrics and jewels. She even lived in a square castle in Ireland. Humm..m..m... I wonder if I can create a one or two floor castle big enough for her to reside in? I see lots of rocks in my future. But don't you think she deserves it?
   I am adding a drawing here of the real Grace meeting with Queen Elizabeth. Nothing like playing dolls to stir up research and creativity. They seem to always go hand in hand for me. So I'm off to collect fabrics and beads, to start that wardrobe. I'll post pictures as I go.
Blessing be upon you,
Until later,
Deirdre

No comments: