Sunday, July 4, 2010

The mini Waterfalls



I got the mini waterfalls done today, except for a little adjusting where the water falls from the top pool. The fish are called spitters, as they spit water out their mouth, and I'm not to sure where they will go.
  All I do know is that it was a lot of trips back and forth carrying rocks around to where I was building the mini waterfall. I also did some pruning on the bush as there is another bush that I planted to close on the back side and it was being crowded out, and needed room to grow. I also needed to clear the way for the train to run along the fence line, after circling around the backside of the waterfalls.
  I added some large flat rock to help shore up along side the path way. If the train runs along there it needs to be safe from avalanches, and with nothing holding up the dirt, it needed a little help.

    In all there will be 8 courses in the falls, not counting the waterfall box {and I know I'll need that to regulate the flow of water from  the pump}.  This is a lot of stone and many, many trips around the garden area to carry rocks up and then to fit them in place. Because of where I was adding the rocks, I couldn't get anything back there that I could have hauled the rocks in/on. Soooo.o.o one or two at a time I moved rocks. And I feel like I moved a mountain.
  I also did some clean up in the last place I worked so it wouldn't look so bad. Next on my list is to start putting together my green houses. When I get them up to where it's time to put the roof on, I will have to have help, because I know I can't lift that up in the air.
  First is leveling the ground out, as there is a bad slope where the green houses need to go. I will also have to begin hauling the rock to finish off the back side of the koi pond in my FJ. About 3 or 4 trips I think.
 More hauling stone. lol. It never seems to end, but this was a good days work.

No comments: