Thursday, July 8, 2010

Last of the hauling.

  I am so close to being done. I am waiting on the waterfall box and the Windsor bricks to finish the pond. I got the liner that was leaking resealed today and am waiting the 24 hours to begin filling the pond again and then it will be a matter of waiting to see if it leaks {and I really, really hope not}. It was a lot of work trying to reseal the two liners nearest the little pond, as the area was not easy to work in. But with any luck it is done.
  I have a little more hauling buckets of dirt to fill up the raised beds in the first green house, as I got in a hurry to put up the plastic/glass and didn't fill those beds with dirt.
  I did get the bridge back over the water trough and it will stay for this year, but I am expecting a new bridge the end of the month. This one is getting a bit old, and needs to be replaced.
  Just need to put up the glass in the last greenhouse, finish bricking around the pond, adding to the waterfall, and get it running, and I will have done a huge amount of work this year. Thankfully I have had help, now and then.
  A little clean up, and planting the new Irises when they get here.
I also have the raised beds to set up, out side the green houses, but that is minor compared to what I have done.
  Then paint the back porch floor and I will be done with the outside work. Now to get the sewing finished, and I can start to pack and repack for my trip.
  I have had to sit down and just wonder at how I was able to get so much done. I have paid the high price in pain, but I can be proud of what I was able to do. It really makes me feel good about myself, even with the overload of pain.
  My famous last words, are going to be.... "I can't believe how much I have gotten done!"
  If you had to live with what I do, you might not understand how I do it, but one thing is for sure. Mind over matter. For people who just can't do a thing, cause their little pinky hurts. I have one thing to say.
"Get over it!" The mind drives the body, and the rest you just have to live with. I do, everyday of the year, and then some. But I am sure going to be looking forward to no more hard work outside this year, cause I did enough already.
  Next year I'll work on the railroad, and then I will run the train and enjoy what I did this year. I hope to bring the Koi fish home next week, and then the last week of this month will be the high school reunion at my house. I think I need to clean out the fridge. lol.

No comments: