Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What drives you?

  From time to time I ponder on things, like... which is more important... imagination or knowledge? I don't think I've ever read Einstein's answers about that, but it does pose a real mind bender. What do you think? Can you have one without the other?
   I believe the two go hand and hand and fuel each other. I don't think you can have one and not the other. I know many times it is the knowledge of what I am trying to create, that pushes me into using my imagination to complete what I was trying to create. But without that beginning bit of knowledge, I could not have gotten started.
  Is one more important then the other? I don't think so, but that's just my opinion and your, welcome to it to do with it as you please.
  As I looked back over my life, I know I really loved being creative. Born an artist and I will die one. One of the hardest roads to travel. For those who are trying to write good books and get sold, they run a close second in difficulty to making a living as a Artist.
  So am I a writer, or an artist? I've  been in Women's Day magazine, the miniature magazine, a second miniature mag that I forget the name of. I finally got my cover with Doll Costuming.
 I've sold over a hundred painting which are scatted all over the US. A six foot by five foot mural hanging outside the base commanders office in an Air Force base in Ca. Painting in private collections, that are still there. Art work on an Air Force base publication in Ca. Dolls that sold at auction for in the thousands, which I made, for charity.

No comments: