Sunday, September 7, 2008

Moving on!

I do not dwell on something that has no resolution. I have found it is a waste of time, effort, and energy. Not to mention a major drain on ones emotional being. I am sure many of you will agree with me. If I thought for one minuet, there was really something there to share, I'd wait it out and see what was to come.  I often get what was a couple of words, in the form of a statement, and nothing in the way of action to even offer any kind of hope or show of what was stated. In other wards, nothing was there to back up what was said. Years of nothing, to prove those words were true.
  Were it me, I would have been finding a way to back up what I said. Words with nothing to show the meaning is true,are just empty words.
  How many of you would have wanted a relationship, but it turned out to be so one sided, as to be nonexistent? Your told don't call, I'm busy. When I can get around to you {and that wasn't often} I'll call you. I don't call that any kind of a relationship, short of one sided at best. I couldn't share what  was happening in my life, they weren't interested. That really doesn't make a person feel very good about themselves. And that is pure negativity, at it's most destructive.
Oh ,I forgot, you did have the privilege to hear all about their problems. So your short time on with them, was all about them. No wonder they don't know you.
  As I get older I find myself becoming more introspect. I watch and learn from other people, but most of all I apply the 10 years in therapy, and all I learned from therapy. If you work at it, and I went into it with an open mind determined to come out of it, with a much better understanding of what was going on in my life and with me.
  The Doc. stated to me once, he had never had anyone not only learn, but apply what they learned.
  With that in mind I feel confident to move on, and and face what is to come, alone.
Alone is not a dirty word. If some of you have bought into the reasoning, that no-one should be alone, try this on for size.
  I am alone because......  I enjoy the quiet.
                                            I have the time to do what I want to, without interference.
                                            I ow no-one my time, effort or energy.
                                            I can do as I please, without having to ask permission of anyone.
                                            my time has value.
And so on. I am sure you can come up with many, many more. These first few, are the ones that people who do not have any of this and wish they did, will try their best to make you think they are not good for you, or it's something you shouldn't be doing. Trying to shame you into forgoing all the above, and making them the director of your decisions.
  Devious minds can come up with many things, and over the years I have bought into it all. 
  "If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right." That also includes.... using what you have, and are to the best of what you can be and do. I am alone, I will use it to the best of my advantage. I do not need to fill the space with empty offers. They most often hide, needs of someone else's desires, and use what I have, that they most often want.
  Show me something of worth for me. If I am exchanging something of value, then do not offer me something of little or no worth. And my time is of value.
  With that in mind..... may you use your time wisely. And if you are alone, reach out and embrace it, explore it... you will find riches beyond belief.

I dip my pen, in the pool beside the quietness of one.
Where the soul knows peace.
And the mind knows freedom.
Deirdre

No comments: