Thursday, November 20, 2008

What is it?

  Have you ever wondered about all those self help books out there? I had a conversation with a friend of mine a couple of days ago, where she talked about some self help books she had been reading. One of the things she brought up was pertaining to Negative thought, and does that effect your life? Or the jest of it anyway.
  I was reminded of the book about the power of positive thinking. More or less the same thing, just a different angle. My feelings about it was the idea that if your busy searching for negative things, or your letting anger rule your emotions, you will only draw, attract, and find anything and everything that has to do with anger. In other words.... look for the devil and that is all you will find.
  I have never understood jealousy. It is one emotion I never let take hold over anything. I confront it, dive into it, feel it, and then it holds no power over me. There is nothing, although not  easy to do, about it I care to deal with. I can't for the life of me see how someone could live so many years, and not exercise that ghost. It lies with-in that persons fear of confronting their own demons. I have seen people go to great lengths just so they could ignore this problem.
  The real problem is that it will spread though out every faucet of your life and color everything you try to do. Until you confront it, and deal with it, it will continue to effect all aspects of your life, and every creative project you attempt.
  I don't like dealing with jealousy. It's a nasty thing to have that in your face. I can't imagine living with it for forty one years.
  Well, the moral of the story is.... face your own demons, and leave others to face theirs.
  Well, that's it for tonight, I'm yawning so much I have to take it to bed. But... I'll be back!

No comments: