Sunday, November 23, 2008

At Last! The French Nosegay Quilt






I wanted to start on this quilt many times in the past, but I was trying to finish up other projects and quilts before starting on something new. And so my Dresden Plate Quilt is finished and now at long last..... {drum roll please}..... I can start on the French Nosegay Quilt.
  It is a bit tricky, but with care I should be able to get it all together, and in one piece. The backing on this quilt will be a deeper yellow flannel. The background to the right here seems to be a bit washed out, but it is a pale yellow.
  It shouldn't take to long to piece all the squares. Well, with fifty of them it might take a bit.
  But I am up for the challenge, and really looking forward to it. I have no real idea how long it will take me and I will be working on other things as I go along. I have several items that must be finished, with deadlines to meet, and people looking for the end results.
  I enjoy making quilts, and when one is done, there is a real sense of having done something.

No comments: