Sunday, January 22, 2012

Finished!

It's time to quit messing with the finished piece. Knowing when to quit is as important as doing the work. I know it's time to quit. Only years of artistic creations can give you the instinct that will tell you when to quit. That is why they say.... practice, practice, practice!
  I think this turned out to be a really great work of art, and I am not saying that to toot my own horn, but because I can honestly look at it and see what I was trying to express. If it had turned out differently, I would have said so. So please don't think badly of me because I express my opinion about what I have created. I try very hard to be honest in my assessment.
  "Racing A Tail Wind" is a piece of art done as a surprise for my father's service in WWII. The Martin Marauder bomber was a two engine plane used to carry bomb payloads to Germany. Like the B17, many came back with holes shot in them from flack,and bullet holes from German plane attacks. They stayed in the air when other planes didn't, bringing back the crew to fly another time.
  I've wanted to do this piece for sometime, but as I've said before I just didn't know how to go about it. Thankfully I didn't have a lot of errors in the trial and error period. I believe this to be something new, as I have not seen anything done quite like it before. The technique and combinations there of while simple, were not read about in any book etc. Perhaps only seeing it in person will bring out the differences, and they may be very subtle, to the naked eye.

 Whatever the case, I am done. It will be on it's way to the framers in a week or so. I hope you enjoy the piece and will let me know what you think.

No comments: