Thursday, January 26, 2012

And one for me!

Now that I have finished the piece for my dad, I decided to pull out a piece I started on a few years ago. This is for me, that is if I can find room on a wall.
  No name yet but I'm sure I'll come up with one at some point.
The subject is a fairy in a woodland glen. Now that I have a better idea how to proceed, I can work on it till it's done.
So, here is the start {or should I say where I left off} of the woodland fairy.

Still a lot of work to do and first of all to sew down all that is in place, which is a lot more than what I remembered.
  I have also finished a project I wanted to complete from a different beginnings, and I changed a lot of that one which is a paper doll project {pictures to come later}. Along with the doll clothes I've been sewing for Lark, I also have been working on completing a baby project {a baby album, box for her clothes storage, more clothes, and a basket for her to sleep in}. She is only about 6" in size so she is tiny. It has let me have the fun of putting together a baby album with pictures of her, with Debbie Mum papers etc. I don't usually do babies, but this one is just to cute, and I really fell in love with her infectious grin. I'll post pictures of her set at a later time as well. Other then that, I have been doing the eternal sorting of papers etc. More then half way there now, with all of it, and am I glad, cause I hate sorting papers and old bills etc. This has been a productive beginning for this new year, even with the crazy weather, plowing one day and watching the snow melt the next. So onward to the next project, and who knows what that will be. lol.

No comments: