Friday, July 29, 2011

Adding More Detail and Moving IN!!

After finishing the caulking {and letting it dry}and filling the open spaces with a deep Styrofoam cut to shape, the playhouse was ready for painting inside. I first spray painted the ceiling a cream color, and painted the walls a pretty color called "Spring Stream" {a blue green tone}.
  After it dried I laid down a piece of tarp {for moisture barrier on the slatted wood floor} and cut some laminate wood floor pieces to fit. The floor is a blond color, and really finishes it off.
  Here is what it now looks like after moving the furniture in and putting up drapes etc.







Around the outside I have added other little details here and there, the most notable is the little wicker picket fence to outline the playhouses yard.








I still have a little clean up to do and to hang the hammock between the two trees. For the most part as of now, the playhouse is finished. I will be adding things inside as I feel the need, but it's ready to play in. I will be getting screens for the windows and the large door, that pull down into position, and lock. That way I can keep the kittens inside and still be able to have more air blowing through, I also plan on getting a heater for the inside to warm it up on the chilly fall and spring days.
  My home aways from home where I can go and play, write, paint, even sew as I have run a electrical cord out to the playhouse for light etc. I can take my laptop, Ipod, Ipad etc. out for easy access out there.
  So on to the next and last outside project for this year. The rock alcove around the seahorse. And of course the never ending sorting in the sheds.
  Your never to old to play.

No comments: