Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Inspiration... where does it come from?

What do you get inspired by? Almost everyone is inspired by something... be it music, a painting, a picture, nature,resources {like magazines, books, the internet} and often just plan seeing someone else's craft.
  I had the pleasure to see something I just completed, inspire someone to try their hand at creating with something I had used. I don't create, just to show you how great and good I am. That's not me. I create to inspire. I hope that by something I do, others will watch and learn, and then try it out for them selves. There is nothing better then doing this as far as I am concerned.
  Where do I get my inspiration? That's not easy to answer. Sometimes, it's something I see in a picture in a magazine, or looking at other peoples crafts. Maybe all of it isn't to my taste, but sometimes there is something there that sparks an answering response. 
  The creative urge is a powerful thing. Ignore it and you lose. Run with it, and you never know what will come out in the end, but whatever it is, it's bound to be something worth having been created. When I am inspired to do something, I have to go with it. If I even think about doing something else, it's an uphill battle, that I always lose. So I always "go with the flow".
  Often daydreaming brings inspiring thoughts. I've had music do the same thing. One has to let go of preconceived notions and let the mind wander. They call it "thinking outside the box".
Throw the rules away, make the feet big and the head small on that doll, is it your Aunt May?Paint a purple sky, and see what lives under the bridge there. Use everything you can, every stitch you know to create that quilt. Make the water flow and part for you!
  I can't teach you how to be creative in a few words, or show you all the avenues of inspiration. You will have to let go and look at everything with less control, and more of whatever it is you like most. Then see where it will take you.
  I can bet you will be surprised.... and inspired yet again to newer heights. It's just that simple.
Take that leap of faith in your own creative mind....and see where you land. Maybe down a rabbit hole? lol.

No comments: