Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Alcove

At long last I have finished creating {except for the roof} the alcove that will protect my sea horse from the weather. It was two long days of work and playing in cement. The 22 lb. retaining wall bricks got very heavy trying to lift them to the top layers of the wall. I was able to also use some of my glass "bricks" to add interest and a touch of whimsy. All in all it turned out very well, and promises to 'be there' for some time to come. Now I just have to figure out how to make the roof, and get that done. For the most part another big job done, and the more done this year the less to do next year.
  Now I have to decide if I will paint a shed or pour dolls. Both need to be done if I can do it. I want to be able to enjoy what I have created next year. The main job for spring will be working on my garden railroad. At long last I can play, and hope to get that train running on time. lol.
  Remaking the main waterfall {3 times}, and creating the second waterfall {three times} as well as digging the pond deeper, was the first and biggest job. Then I had to replace the liner, because of a leak I couldn't find. At least now I know there are no leaks anywhere, waterfalls or pond.
  I went through all the sheds and the old addition three times, and managed to dump quite a bit, and yet there is still more that needs to go. I think I can find my way through all of them now, at least.
  Building and finishing my playhouse {refinishing the inside so it looked really nice} was another big project that got done. Now I have a place to 'get away from it all' and I don't even have to leave home to do it. It will be fun to get to enjoy it now{with a heater of course}. Last of course, is building the alcove. I didn't get the flower bed next to the house dug this year, so that will have to wait till next year, again.
  Need to mow the lawn one more time, then start looking for the time to put everything to bed for the winter. Winter is almost here, and I am still wondering where summer is. At least I have something to show for this year's projects. Glad I got the pavement sealed, it was time. And then there was that much needed gate. Now to celebrate my 65th birthday and start on the inside of the house, at long last. Still a lot of sorting to do.
Well here's the alcove.....






OH oh.... where did that come from? Looks like someone moved in when I wasn't looking.


No comments: